06 November 2015

5 nice things on a Friday

Keeping this little tradition alive -
with the 5 nice things on a Friday list.

Had a busy week - been designing on the A/W 16 collection - wrapping up the last couple of ideas - will tell you more about it when it's not so secret anymore. 

First up is this amazing clip by SIA with Miharo Takano, a talanted Japanese karate kid.
It reminded me of the tea ceremony I did in Kyoto - Japan. Which I learned was not a tea ceremony but a tea party because we were just common people. But the tradition and feeling of it was amazing to be a part of - even though I felt like Dumbo in a glass house with my tender pink floral kimono and 35 degrees ... 




This amazing Jill Sander - Campaign: Jil Sander / Spring 1996 -
Photographer: Craig McDean Model: Guinevere van Seenus





These amazing Warren Platner Arm Chairs  - distributed by Knoll.
They are so organic yet so tough. I like the fact that he worked with Eero Saarinen for some time before starting his own company - and this time in furniture design fascinates me because I find it pure madness that these chairs are so clearly from the 60's but still so interesting today.



Banksy does New York.
We saw this HBO Documentary yesterday. Copenhagen DOX is going on these days - so plenty of opportunities to see great movies around Copenhagen right now.
We saw it - inside the beautiful setting of the Design Shop Norman Copenhagen in Østerbro - which used to be a cinema but is now a a Design Showroom and Shop for the Copenhagen based Company. It is a documentary on the street artist Banky who took over the streets of New York for a month in  -  such an interesting take on contemporary art and what defines it. SO if you have the chance go see this movie.




I will finish this week off with one of my favourite bloggers - Sandra Bejer. Link to her blog here.
Her blog is one of those I check on a regular basis and I just really like her universe. 
She is very personal and so quirky in a way - she loves food and is very different from myself and the life she leads is very Stockholm so it always reminds me of my friends there I never see but really like and miss :)
LOVE her cupboard from the back - we are getting shelves for our living room at the moment but decided to have open ones so we could see all of our books but it's a pain because it's so dusty and where do you put the stuff that's not pretty enough to show off ... Would love to have a closet at some point in my life both for books and clothes and shoes and files and drawing stuff and what do you do with your fashion graduation project while it is lying around and waiting for taht museum to come along and say hey let's put these beauties on display ?! I would love just a few doors you can close !? What a luxury that would be !