30 December 2019

2019 - you crazy lady. What a year!

This year is almost a done deal  - A brand new decade is about to begin. This year has been completely overwhelming and has gone by faster than the speed of light.

Best Museum - My first though was - did I even visit a museum this year? So silly because of course I did and there were so many !!! Did I visits any new ones? Yes, again.
When we went to Paris we visited the Fondation Louis Vuitton. I had wanted to go so bad, but my man was reluctant. The same day we went to this amazing guided tour through the old Le Courbusier apartment and it was really fascinating and we had already crossed so many things of our list for Paris, so I think he felt it was enough for one day. But hey - one can always visit a museum more. So we ended up going to Frank Gehry´s masterpiece of a building as well, we stood in line for ages, paid a ridiculous amount of money both to get in and for a pretty crappy truffle toast because Ms. Preggy over here was starving. We even had to pay money for the museum buss that took us back to central Paris afterwards. It was way too expensive but it was also an impressive collection of modern art in a beautiful setting. So for me it was a great day and I am sure it was the very first and last time I could convince my better half to come along.





Best Concert - I have tried to wrap my head around this one.
But bottom line is, I have only gone to one proper concert this year.
Bik Stok at Vega. A really nice hip hop concert. But I was so freaking tired and pregnant that I had a hard time staying on my feet. But I love my sweet friend Line to pieces for hanging out with me and allowing me to be big, heavy and tired up on the balcony. I still had a great night out.

Best Breakfast - I have have had so many good ones.
Hey after all my breakfast game is freaking strong. But the idea of this list is to narrow it down right.
On our trip to Paris we went to Holly Belly. They have two places on the same street and I had such a hard time deciding for which one to go to. But we decided on the new one, the bigger one where they serve pancakes. We knew there would be a long line so we were there early in the morning. Walked in the sunlight through Paris and walked straight in, no line what so ever. We enjoyed what I would say were the best pancakes I have eaten since New York with whipped cream and fruits, my man of course got bacon paired with a perfect cappuccino. We sat there for a few hours. We were completely blown away and enjoyed it so darn much. Very much swept of our feet and when we walked outside and the line was endless we were so proud of ourselves. We felt like we could conquer the streets of Paris. When we walked past their other place - my man looked at me and asked if I could have another breakfast and so we did. This time small round doughnuts with dulce de leche, yoghurt and a boiled egg with crispy french bread soldiers. Great coffee here as well.
I still can’t decide - which one is the best. Both of their cafes are just as good. Completely different but equally amazing.




Did I swim in the sea - YES YES YES. My last dip was this November. We were at the summerhouse and I had brought my swimsuit. One afternoon there was this absolute absence of wind. Beautiful light and so out of this world quiet - so I went in. My ankles hurt so bad because it was freezing. I didn’t  stay in for long but it was great. At least afterwards when I sat in front of the fire place feeling very proud of my mum body.



Where did you travel to - Berlin & Paris for a little get away before becoming parents. We walked so darn far, ate great food and saw so much amazing art. We lived life to the max and were madly in love for days. Not that we are not madly in love on an everyday basis, we have our moments but we sure do have everyday one thing grabs the other weeks as well. But we did really managed to fill up our love tanks in time for this duo becoming a trio. And I recommend it to everyone. We have been on day trips to Malmø a few times for fika and cheese shopping. We have been to Spain to hang out with my mum, We enjoyed Skagen in the pouring rain, went on a trip to Oslo to say goodbye to my dearest uncle and spend great days with my family, Spent quiet days in the summerhouse, enjoyed Swedish Christmas lunch at Vallåsen and went to Munich for Christmas. I probably forgot a place or two.



What did I read - Lars Saabye Christensen, Byens Spor 2 - can not wait to read the third and last book in the trilogy. The first two were so good, I also read Max, Mischa & Tetoffensiven and it took a while before I was completely absorbed into it. But when I was I had to read it really, really slowly because I didn’t want it to ever stop. While I was pregnant I read Låt oss hoppas på det basta by Carolina Setterwall which is the toughest book I read this year but also one that will stay in my head for many years to come. Because we saw an exhibition Bye Dea Trier Mørch at Louisiana I was inspired to read her book, Vinterbørn. It suited my pregnant being very well and it felt so very right to read at the time. To say the least, I loved it. Especially the beautiful graphics. I borrowed it at the library and they got it for me from the warehouse. Such a treasure.

I enjoy reading so much - I really like to fill myself up with emotions. Feel happy or sad or angry or hopeful. When I dive into universes that move me and surprise me. Books make me grow as a human being.






Best Series - The Crown or as I like to refer to it: The Queen. I am such a royalist and I love every freaking second it it all. GIVE ME MORE of this. They should make a series on the Norwegian King Harald too, I am watching the Danish one on Frederik these days and let me tell you Harald would also be a great character for a series.



Best Movie - When I was pregnant I went to the matinee movies all the freaking time and I actually miss it quite bad. I haven’t tried going to the movies with the stroller yet, the entire point of going to the movies is disappearing into a different reality, eating popcorn, drinking coffee and having a bounty (with dark chocolate) by myself, no distractions. One of the best movies this year was: Dronningen with Trine Dyrholm. It made me sick to my guts. Because she is so evil. Trine Dyrholm is such an amazing actress and I also loved Gustav Lindh.

Best Meal - We have had some amazing meals and visited some really nice places this year. Palsta in Berlin, Manfred & Relæ here in Copenhagen. I has such a great evening at Safari with some of my closest girlfriends and last winter I had the pleasure of visiting La Banchina with two close friends from Sweden - it was a magic night. But all time winners this year is definitely Robert in Paris & Lode & Stijn in Berlin. These meals were absolute sublime, food, service, interior,  wine / juice pairings were so very well curated. Especially Lode & Stijn - must be one of my favorite restaurants in the world. Would love to go back again soon.





Best Coffee - There is a new coffee shop in Copenhagen, I really, really like. It´s called Darcy´s. They have coffee beans from all these different very good and interesting places and they make coffee with such attention to detail - always perfect.

Worst coffee was for sure in Paris. Let me tell you a lot has happened in this city since I lived here 100 years ago. Their coffee game is much, much stronger now but they still fuck up every now and then. We went to Fragments - and payed 6 € for the worst pour over filter coffee I had this year - but the weather was amazing and this hilarious street musician played a version of Despacito on acid while we were kissing on a corner so all in all a great story.



Best Burger - We had our last day in Paris and so insane many places had been crossed of our list but we were both hungry and really keen on something simple yet greasy before heading to the airport. My man had a few burger places up his sleeve and we decided for Blend Burger just next door too Merci. We got the last free table and the atmosphere inside this really tiny burger joint with a simplistic American diner slash French modernism Interior. A bunch of French pretty boys serving us - it was GREAT. The burger was perfect. The beef was red inside, the brioche crispy on the outside and soft on the inside paired with sleek and crispy fries. What’s not to like?

Best theater - I saw an amazing show at Skuespilhuset here in Copenhagen. A kid´s show with rhymes written by Halfdan Rasmussen Hokus Pokus. The scenography and costumes were amazing. And there were mostly 4 year olds and me and we had a blast.

Best moment - When Nora was born. Yes of course it´s a cliché but it is our biggest and most insane moment ever. She is the best thing that has happened to us and her arrival was pretty darn intense. It took so long and was quite the hard work but so very much worth it.

And the moment we got married - or more the moment we walked out of city hall, holding hands and our friends and family threw flower petals all over us to surprise us was also a great moment. I felt so happy and excited that we had surprised our families that we got married and did it exactly like we wanted it. We will save up for a big party so we can invite those who couldn’t come by on such short notice but for now it feels very good to be husband and wife without the big fuss of a big wedding.
I wore my old Zara linen summer dress, we had amazing couple sneakers, bought a beautiful huge single Hortensia flower that I used as a bouquet. We had close friends and family present and afterwards we spend the afternoon at Kanton 27 celebrating Noras name giving with Swiss Raclette and great wines. They had even arranged a beautiful cake for us.








How did you spend your birthday - people have often told me that when you have kids these things don’t matter anymore. That is actually right. Scary but true. We were on our way back from Oslo. Thomas bought me skolebrød at the airport and Vietnamese take away if I recall it right. I was feeling sick and all I wanted was to sleep. So after having put Nora to bed I ate a really spicy Vietnamese soup and felt asleep. My man bought me these amazing silver Nike P-6000 sneakers that I later got married in. That´s a pretty amazing birthday present.
A pretty good example that it doesn’t matter what day it is - we celebrate our everyday just as much as we do birthdays and some days are just better than others.



Has becoming a mum been as expected - No, it has been even better. We are even more in love with her and each other than I could have ever imagined. It´s ridiculously tough. Lack of sleep is so hard and things are not always as easy as they seam. But she is amazing and I would not want to swap it for anything. But it´s life changing in every aspect. Crazy but true.



My New Year resolution for 2020 - 
Be even more true to myself, believe in who I am and my abilities.
Enjoy time with good friends - say no more often, continue to do yoga and focus completely on my little family.

I wish you all a great new year.