15 September 2015

I am back !

Hello there -

well it's been a while.

This blog was always my little universe where I could just blabber, friends and family stopped by to see what was going on and got an update every once in a while. It has never been super duper personal but it was still very "me". It has been a place where I gathered my inspiration and shared with you guys what I liked. All of a sudden it wasn't fun anymore and I had lost myself in way to much work and too stress full everyday. Lots have happened the past few months and just to mention a few I quit my job and together with my man decided to move back to Copenhagen to ground our self and focus on other things for a while. It was such a tough decicion to leave a the great, great city Hamburg which we had gotten to know so well and enjoyed every bit of with filled with beautiful people we were lucky to call our friends.
I do miss those Germans - not so much working for a german company and leading a work life but the people !

My man is up and running with an interesting new job that makes him happy and is challenging and different from what he has done previously. I just returned from 2 weeks lost in japan all by myself where I had the best time and really found myself again. Now I am applying for design jobs in Copenhagen, testing out new places to drink coffee and have nice food and -
I feel happy again. I feel like old self again.

It was about time and I am so proud of us - having taken this decision.
To celebrate that this blog is up and running again - here's a little list:

What are you grateful for?
My man - who always keeps calm and has the best but on the planet ! Crazy friends who help us move, clean the apartment, make dinner, drive me to the station - even though they have so little spare time, they are hungover they are just so freaking nice. Friends we haven't seen in ages who let us sleep in their homes for weeks and weeks until we have found a stable home base again. Biking in Copenhagen in the autumn rain along beautiful people, stop and have great coffee and feel the urge to start up this thing again.

What are you proudest of?
That I quit my job.
It was literally breaking me down. I am taking my life back.

What’s been the happiest moment of your life so far?
The first thing that came to my mind was the moment we did our graduation show - the tension - the pride and exhilaration just exploded in my body that day ! Silly maybe but that was the first thing I thought about.

What’s been the hardest moment of your life, and how did you get through it?
Puberty - I hated those years. So much drama.

What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
That puberty passes.
Things don't have to be perfect, I try very hard to let go, not to plan everything and structure every single little detail but the OCD Karoline likes to take over every once in a while. The German "Ordnung muss sein" kicks inn and takes over but I am learning.
Food Poisoning doesn't have to ruin your "lost in translation" japan trip - just eat enough pills.


How would you describe yourself as a child? Were you happy?
Shy - oh so shy. But I have made up for it later on.

Who has been kindest to you?
My grandmother. She was wise, fair and warm.

How do you want to be remembered?
Fair - Open Minded, someone my friends can count on when shit gets down, that I am a pretty good dancer and that I am a food snob ...

If your great great grandchildren could listen to this years from now: is there any wisdom you’d want to pass on to them? What would you want them to know?

Travel and eat. Try new stuff and treat people nicely - all people.
And do not get into Scientology. They will do you no good and they scare me.

If you could honor one person in your life — living or dead — by listening to their story, who would that be, what would you ask them and why?
Michael Jackson - I would be too star struck to say anything but I would try not to gibber and maybe ask if he could show me some moves and sing P.Y.T. with me.









 



All photos borrowed from ignant.de 
links below.