08 January 2012

Pension Barbara



If you ever have a few days that you can take out of your calendar - around the winter months I would highly recommend that you start saving up a little money and get your gear packed and take a few days off in Austria - Obertauern - Serfaus - Pension Barbara

Over the Christmas Holidays I spend 4-5 days there with my family. It is placed literally in the middle of the slope and you can snowboard or ski all the way into the brightly yellow little hotel. Owned by the charming and extremely dedicated family Sager who poured their hart and soul into every detail during our stay and have such a friendly, sweet and very committed staff - every minute of the stay was great pleasure.

The ones of you that know me and my family - know we like when things are done properly and have high expectations and I can assure you that we were simply so happy about our stay.

Spending the Christmas Holidays somewhere else than at home was nice for a change but also a little puzzling - but we had great food, homemade christmas cookies, drank very interesting wine and finally I could actually spend more than a day on my snowboard and get a feeling of the board again. They even had this really nice wellness area - with steam room, saunas and a Jacuzzi where we hung out in the late afternoon and read books and relaxed. Can you imagine starting the day with your own granola and green tea, then spend hours and hours outside in the snow - and later on in the evening eat great food - heaven on earth.

I will definitely take the trip again - with a few friend for a weekend because it was simply too good to not take use of this chance again!