14 July 2011

I won the bet !

A few weeks ago, when my parents were in town to see my final exam I had a steaming discussion with my stepdad, after some bottles of white wine and an amazing meal at Fiskebar in the meatpacking district in Copenhagen we started to discuss Karl and whether or not he does the sketches for the final collections himself. Let me just add I am a huge Karl fan and have no difficulties believing that he solemnly can sketch up to 20 collection a year - everything from pret a porter to haute couture for Fendi, Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld's own brand - of course not every style is designed by him but he sketches himself and these sketches become actual styles within the collection - my stepdad was convinced that he didn't sketch at all anymore and just hung out and had people doing all the sketching for him !

Here is the proof that I was right :