31 December 2022

2022 - what did this year have to offer ?

Best Ramen this year? 

Slurp Ramen Joint is still my all time favourite place. I so very rarely go out for dinner - but on a few occasions I have had the chance to have ramen both in great company but also on my own. It´s so good - best comfort food their is and they never disappoint me. 


Best shrimp this year?

We ordered fish home delivery a few times this year. We especially loved the shrimps - good bread, a bunch of salt and pepper, a decent mayo and a squeeze of lemon and you have a feast ! Love it. 



Did you get infected by Covid? 

Yes - we did. Sometime in January, all three of us got it. I was almost relieved because we had, done so freaking much to stay well before Christmas. I wanted to go home so badly - so we stayed for ourselves for weeks … We were vaccinated, we got tested and kept isolated and were so scared that we were not allowed to enter Germany. When we landed a few days before Christmas - there were police officers at our gate checking our papers - it felt surreal. Our little one was too little to get vaccinated so we were only allowed to enter because we were visiting close family. When I think back it feels so unreal - feel very happy that we are on the other side of that and that we all stayed safe and sound. That said though, we did get very sick. Or mostly us grown ups - It was over after a few days of ridiculously high fever and body aches. My head felt like it was about to explode so we felt lucky to be vaccinated and having been able to avoid it for so long. 

We got care groceries at our doorstep and were very well taken care off.


Favourite Coffee place? 

At home - 2022 was still a year where we spent time at home. So making waffels, and brewing pour over on our V60 is still a favourite. 

Hart Bakery - the big one. Across the bridge - they are always sold out so if you actually get anything you are over the moon and feel so darn lucky. It doesńt matter what it is. They have this cheese cake - baked, it looks super boring and I swear it tastes like heaven. If I recall it correctly they serve Koppi coffee - what´s not to like. 

Tilda & Karls. Our little neighborhood gem - they make great coffee and use prolog beans. Their kitchen is so good as well. Have never been disappointed. The owners are Copenhagen’s most dedicated restaurant / café owners. This city has never seen anyone who take service, this serious. They deserve so much more praise a few lines here is simply not enough. It is my all time favorite place and I aim to see them more next year. 

A new one on my list is Flere Fugle - it´s a bit hidden away in a back yard - staff is almost only women. Coffee is from La cabra and the baked goods are too die for ! Can never decide - so always end up ordering way too much. 

Peron should be on here too - I have learned that going there early is a good idea. The bakers are Italian so they listen to cheesy Italian rock and the bright blue Stillleben details and interior is amazing. Great pastry and their bun with cheese is heavenly. I really like the space as well, a bit of the beaten path. 

Coffe Collectives newest spot in Carlsberg been is also spot on. It´s such a shame that their coffee is actually not my favourite one as I think its often a bit too sour but this place is good. Beautiful space - feels like something very international but with such a Nordic approach to the interior just next to one of the prettiest parks in the city. I love it. 






A new discovery? 

A summer day we had been biking through Copenhagen and were on our way home. Quite close to home we came past a place called Aurens Deli, we just couldn’t pass it without going inside. We are on a budget all the time every time so we couldn’t afford the big tour but we shared a drink and a dessert. Our mini person had a peach. It’s the perfect place. And we felt so lucky they decided to open in our neighborhood. I dream of a late night with a good friend here - a glass of wine and being able to lean back and enjoy the music and the very intimate atmosphere. 



Where did you go on your summer holiday?

Kildegaarden swept us of our feet again this year. We were so lucky about the weather again this year. Only had a single nights stay and enjoyed dinner in the courtyard on a late summer evening. Sat next to such a sweet Swedish couple that we endend up talking too and really felt I like we were able to enjoy the pure essence of summer holiday in a 24 hour stay.We had the same room - and spends many hours at the beach swimming and collection stones. Reading books and building sand castles. I grabbed an old magazine from their little library and it was the perfect mix between, freezing water, the smell off sun lotion and sand everywhere. Scandinavian summer is the best. 










Vamos a la Spain. 

Going to Spain was a wild card. We decided to spend money we didn’t have and invest in a trip to Spain. We are dead lucky - because my parents have a house we can borrow. We rented the cheapest rental car and booked the cheapest tickets no luggage. We had the best most relaxing weeks. Absolutely no plans - only an aim to be more nice to each other. We were tired, really stressed, worried about our hopeless financial state and so freaking frustrated. But Spain brought us back - swimming in the pool, lying on the beach in the afternoon, cooking simple but great food, doing very little, reading, drawing and trying to just stand on both feet was good for us. Being on a budget is just more fun in Spain … 







Tothaven - what a dream place !

We had been visiting close friends and were on our way home - but my friend kept telling me that you need too go by this place. So we did and it was so nice ! We spent hours in a petting zoo with goats, rabbits, dogs and cats. Saw ponies and ate goat cheese ice cream. We completely under estimated how long it would take us to get home. But my man found this local buss, where we sat for like 60 stops and then we jumped on a train. It felt like we had been on the other side of the country and honestly it’s probably just an hour or so by car. The perks of public transport and such a good example of our little life. Pretty good if you ask me. Never gets boring.  






How did you celebrate your birthday? 

In Spain with my two favorite people in the world. With breakfast on the terrace, my man knows how to make magic and made me the best breakfast. We had lunch at this really nice coffee shop where they serve good iced-coffee which is not easy in this area … The rest of the day we spent at the beach reading books and swimming in the salty waves. Eating Spanish ice creams and people watching. We barbecued and ate a bunch of olives at night. Drank a glas of white wine with my feet in the pool listening to my mans great playlist - Lucky me. Best Birthday - next year please repeat. 

What will Christmas and New Years be like? 

We didn’t want to travel this year. We are fragile at the moment. We told our closest family that they were welcome to come home to us and celebrate Christmas with us. Which many of them did. It was pretty magical - I could not wrap my head around how I wanted it to be, what to serve and the only thing I could get sorted out was how to set the table. And the table was spot on. Green theme, the color of hope. We made a bunch a dishes from Ottolenghi which felt just perfect. So many greens and vegetables with a banging lamb drizzled in grilled peppers, almonds and lemon. It was a cilantro, mint, lemon, almond feast and it felt perfect. 

Our parents enjoyed themselves and I had many moment in the kitchens during the evening were I felt very lucky that our parents had agreed on celebrating Christmas like we wanted - focus on comfort family style food, good wine that they had brought and a relaxing atmosphere. Everyone helped out and it was such a nice evening. 

I am very aware that this is not something everyone has - and I feel deeply thankful that we have this. 

Especially because we had celebrated Christmas with my father the weekend before Christmas - in a winter wonderland of snow.  So I got the best of both worlds. 

New Years will be same procedure as every year. All dressed up and nowhere to go. we celebrate just the tree of us, we get dressed up, we drink bubbles, or maybe just apple juice. We cook nice food and watch New Years television. Easy easy. I have been reading a bunch of articles that this is the “new” and I am like, well hello ? We have been doing this for years. Very unpredictable und not very pretentious. 

What would a recap of this year be? 

We are worried at the moment - worried about our economy and so eager for more stability. I am so tired of worrying. Recent months people who are close to me have not been feeling well - so it has put things in perspective. We are so extremely lucky to be healthy, and extremely priviliged that our hard work as a family is paying off - because we are happy and courageous and I get to spend my life with people I truly love. We choose to live our own life and we are trying to stay on a path that makes sense to us. Being a grown up is so much harder that I though. But I am hopeful that we are on a good path and it will get easier. 

But let me tell you, I am ready for 2023 ! NEW YEAR NEW POSSIBILITIES - bring it on :)