16 October 2011

Impressions from Paris

After spending a day in Antwerp we took the train to Paris - what a great way of travelling ! I think it is amazing to think of the fact that it only took less than two hours ....

I really have the hots for Paris, ever since I lived in arr.19 last year for about three months I just have a soft spot for the french. Enjoying late dinners, pulsing streets even on a regular wednesday, well dressed old men and great, great shops. We lived in the Marais which was fun because I hadn't spent that much time there when I lived in Paris except of course eating at Chez Marianne several times. But there was a jewish holiday going on, where Rabi's walked around with small paper boxes with a lemon inside ( I think this is called an etrog).

The arrogance and pride of the french charms me and I can't help but feel sentimental about leaving again.


// Thanks again Paris, for having me //