03 September 2011

Copenhagen Cooking 2011

I had the perfect saturday - filled with sunny weather - heaps of flea markets, good food from all over the world - a very lovable man and the best coffee lady in this part of europe !

Copenhagen Cooking Festival - from Augst 19th until September 4th. it is great fun - even though I haven't participated in that much this year - I didn't want to miss out on food from all over the world in Rantzausgade this weekend - it is still on tomorrow so check it out ...

One of my favourite spots to hang out in Copenhagen is the hipster spot the coffee collective I adore just sitting in their window and watching them work, they care about coffee so much and take their jobb extremely serious and grind coffee beans, froth milk and brew that coffee with such precision it is makes my knees weak. What I love the most, is when someone ask for sugar - even before having tried a sip of their very smooth and gentle coffee and they are met with the reply : "please try you coffee, before you add sugar" ... It is such a small gesture but I love them for their honesty !

Here are a few pic's of what we ate -

Scarpetta great pasta & pesto, Spicy Spanish chorizo sausage, mexican chocolate lamb, kin kin's spring rolls and melon, garlic soup ...