17 August 2011

Vesterbro I adore you on wednesdays ...

Had a really nice day again today, even though I am trying as hard as I can to relax and take it easy, I try to have at least a coffee date a day - and wui wui wui today I even had two // But having days off is great - I hang out at the library near my house and read tons of books, if you ever have the chance read Netherland by Joseph O'Neill - it was a thrill, every page of it ...

I love reading books that take place - in cities I know and this one takes place in NYC, mostly.

This is what Dwight Garner in the New York Times writes about it:

Joseph O’Neill’s “Netherland” is not that novel. It’s too urbane, too small-boned, too savvy to carry much Dreiserian sweep and swagger. But here’s what “Netherland” surely is: the wittiest, angriest, most exacting and most desolate work of fiction we’ve yet had about life in New York and London after the World Trade Center fell.

- here are a few pictures from today -

Coffee, coffee, coffee and pretty windows with scary teddy bears - what more can a girl on a wednesday want !