31 December 2010

Ricco just saved my day ...

This day might just be one average day of the year but at the same time I had this romantic idea, that on this so called last day of the year I would like to stroll around with a nice take away cup of coffee while getting this "kransekake" that you eat in Scandinavia around new years ...

Well at the bakery it was 200 kroners which is ridiculously much money - so we decided to go downtown and see if we could find something else - well Copenhagen is not quite the metropolitan city that I expect it to be - things actually close around 16.00 at new years ... Which meant that all my favorites coffee places and bakeries were closed and no "kransekage" or coffee available anywhere. So while I almost had an anger attack we desperately went into a horrible place and bought a cortado - illy coffeebeans - nothing more is said ... With tears in my eyes and an angry feeling inside - an open Riccos suddenly appeared while we came around the corner !


I threw my shitty coffee in the bin and went straight in and got a really nice little latte and homemade "kransekage" right out of the oven // I LOVE RICCOS !