17 December 2010

Old skool hip hop








For some time now I have been researching on my theme for my graduation collection - old skool hip hop // street wear vs. sportswear // early 80 ' ies hip hop culture // bling bling // street credibility // graffiti // subculture attitude and communication - the more I research the more I confuse myself ...

The aim of all this is that at the end of this project I want to have created a woman's collection with excessive use and exaggeration of functionality with clear references to old skool hip hop culture ...

Here is some of the imagery I am working with - I have also made a soundtrack and am watching movies such as "Stylewars" and "Wild style" - and just recently I came across this very nice webpage - Stylewars ... Furthermore when I am in Munich over the holidays I will be doing social probes in order to understand this culture from a more personal point of view and also get a closer insight of color use and detailing in this culture seen from a fashion perspective ... Well don't worry if you feel confused I sure do ...