20 December 2010

Marienplatz



I have been feeling sich today with a running nose and acing in my bones but this is all perfectly normal - I always get sich just before heading home for a break - typical but I figure with enough hot tea and echina 5 complex I will be up and running again by tomorrow :)

Home this time is Munich - I am fairly privileged which means I call Norway, Denmark and Germany home because I have spend quite some years in each place and feel equally rooted - so tomorrow we are off to Munich to celebrate christmas !

The pictures are some I found of Marienplatz - the city center metro station which is absolutely amazing - it was Munichs first U-bahn station opened in 71 for the olympic games in 72 and it was redesigned in 2006 by Alexander von Branca. The bright orange tile walls are beyond fantastic !