29 December 2010

Cakes Cakes and more cakes :)




I spent the Christmas holidays in Munich and as always food was a big part of what I spent my time on and what amazes me again and again is the quality level - here are a few of my all time favorites - so if you happen to be in the neighborhood then take a break and hang out at some of these spots :)


MAELU - I was certain that this was something french but no it is all german I found out when I googled them- but they have a lot of french inspired "Törtchen" and it's a perfect place to go with your mum so she can pay - I will for sure do so when I am home next time :)

link

Zum Laden - this is one of my favorite hang outs in Munich - and I have been going here for years ! They have the best pasta dishes and small salads and an amazing homemade to die for chocolate cake - the staff is friendly and the interior is simple maybe scandinavian inspired who knows and the place has a warm atmosphere and I love going here because you always feel welcome !

link

Another favorite is Cafe Pini - I actually think this is also a hotel so if you are looking for a place to stay this would be worth checking out - they try to be as eco friendly and fair trade as possible and they serve the best appel cake :) Retro look in a pretty Munich way - again friendly staff and a great potato soup :)

link

The only thing I always complain about in Munich is the coffee because at most places they will burn your milk without blinking but the past few years this has gotten a lot better but a really funny, tiny cafe is Opern Espresso - Maximilianstr. 6 - not always friendly and crazy overprices but the funny old ladies with their small dogs and pink outfits makes it all worth while !